Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What?

So.. I am sitting here with all of these things I want to write about... Our summer in California working on my grandma's house... How the internet has become a place where we all (myself not excluded) continue to hurt one another by our facebook posts and blogs, whether intentional or not.... How crazy nervous and anxious I am that my husband is leaving for 20 months in September... That I am starting school again, full time in August... That my sister is moving back to California and I want to go too... That I miss my mom even more now that I know just what I am missing... That my beautiful daughter and son are amazing, and that at 7 months she is crawling, sitting up on her own, and pushing herself up to stand and starting what will become patty-cake, and he has an amazing vocabulary and is just a sweet happy boy that for the most part is so fun to be around... That it drives me insane that American citizens are not completely embracing what made this country great in the first place, are taking advantage of the system and are not standing up for what we believe in... That the minority continues to bully the rest of us, and if we don't succumb to what they say, then we are bigots... That people will not claim being "American", instead they have to throw their previous heritage in. You know, most of us do not say " I am an Irish, Scottish, English, Native American American". we just say, I am an American. I say, if you yourself did not start in a different country and you were born here, then drop the prefix and just say you are an American! ... That it makes me sad when beautiful relationships are ruined because of miss-communication, or selfishness, or misunderstandings... That I really hope those who love my husband, regardless of any previous frustrations, will be willing to write him a letter or two when he is in Basic Training and AIT. He is really going to need the love and support from family and friends, and I am sure he will get sick of reading my letters, lol... and world peace!

1 comment:

  1. I just got caught up on your blog, lets hang out now that your back, miss you :)

    ReplyDelete